Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stupid I know, BUT...

for some reason lately it's been bugging the crap out of me!!  Oh, you want me to tell you.  Okay I will.....here are some examples:

Your so pretty!
your my BFF!
your the coolest ever!

No....not the lame sentences that you see, but the wrong use of YOUR!  It's YOU'RE!!  YOU ARE.  Not your.  I've been noticing this every where lately!!

The funny thing is that I know I am FAAAR from perfect when it comes to grammar.  Especially typing.  I get lazy and sloppy and will even see mistakes but just leave them because I feel like it.......so I really don't know why all this anger for the wrong use of your has come up.  Do you have any grammar pet peeves??


11 comments:

lindsay said...

that their post were you bestest ever. you gots some great gramer gurl. ha ha

TJ said...

Ha, where did you find that picture, it's hilarious.
your funny.

Wendi said...

Yes! I agree! I taught English for 6 years and that one was the worst.

The other one that bugs me is its it's.

Elizabeth Reid said...

I totally agree with the "your" and "you're" problems. My pet peeves are "there, "their," and "they're" mistakes.....oooooh, they make me cringe.

Katrina said...

Lisa your so funny! Good things we your my BFF!

Lisa said...

LIZ...WEDNI.....those BOTH drive me a little nuts inside too!

Lisa said...

TJ- I just image googled "grammar"

Adriann said...

Hello my kindred spirit! I get SO ANNOYED by that mistake! In fact it really really really bugs me, and Shane tells me I'm ridiculous and need to just get over it. But I can't, I just can't! Not only does the YOUR thing bug me, but improper use of acronyms gets me even more. It is NOT PIN number, or VIN number, or ATM machine. THERE IS NO REASON TO REPEAT THAT LAST WORD. THAT IS WHAT AN ACRONYM IS FOR!!!!!!!!

Kathy said...

Mine is their and there. Grammar is kind of a creepy OCD thing for me. I was in a meeting the other day, and there was a misspelled word on the white board. I can't tell you anything about the meeting because I kept thinking to myself, "Would it be weird if I got up and erased the white board?"

Jen and Lance said...

That made me laugh so hard! your so cute! just kidding. You know what is one of mine, I'm luck it doesn't happen very often, our and are. Or, I just thought of another one..... the word funner! I hate it!

Marissa said...

That really bugs me too! And I hate when people use apostrophes wrong...like "The baby pooped it's diaper" (instead of its)