Wednesday, September 17, 2008

100 goals for yourself.


While on a vacation with  my two girl friends, they talked to me about a guy named Randal Wright who spoke at byu's education week.  He talked about making 100 goals for yourself.  These could be goals that might not happen for years.....or more simple ones that could take place next week.  The three of us decided to buy some cute little journals and start brainstorming.  Let me tell you it is quite a bit harder than you might think.

A few of my more simple goals I came up with:
Get over 150 in bowling.
Do karaoke at least once in my lifetime.
Take drum, karate, and diving lessons. (not all at once of course.)
Host a fabulous party.
Go to a restaurant I would most likely never go to, and splurge on the best meal of my life.

A few goals that might take a little bit longer to accomplish:
Travel to........a lot of places. (I wrote them down specifically but there are quite a few)
Do a service project every year around Christmas time.
Make a list of 100 books to read AND read them.
Polish up on my Italian.
Keep journals/blogs filled with stories of each of my children.

I've only gotten about 30 goals written down so far so I have quite a ways to go, but I have really enjoyed doing this because it has forced me to think about what I really want to get out of life.  Not to mention I looooove crossing things off of lists.  Can you imagine when I get down to my last goal and get to cross it off!?!?!?!!  

Have any of you done this?  What are some of your lifetime goals?

7 comments:

The Bensons said...

Will you get a hold of Britney and help her add me to her unblocked list? We can't figure it out.

Marissa said...

What a good idea! I'll have to get a cute journal and try this one myself. One of my lifetime goals is to write a children's book.

Scott and Elly said...

That is a great idea! I think I will do that...I have a lot of travelling to do too! I set a goal to read at least a book every month and I am loving it!

TJ said...

Sounds like a good idea, I think my first goal will be to get motivated to start having goals.

Kathy said...

yea - what Emily said. Britney is supposed to be adding me; what's up with that?

One of MY lifetime goals is to go to Italy with my brother-and-sister-in-law! When are we going? No more Third World countries for me-thank you very much!

melissa marie said...

ha ha I love the pics on the post below. I miss you!!! Are you doing ODT again this year?

Elizabeth Reid said...

Way to go on setting goals! Be sure to add some crazy ones in there.