Friday, October 3, 2008

Zits Galore


Ariel (the little mermaid) once sung about whozits and whatzits galore.  Not the same zits I'm talking about.  Why do I have zits?  I'm way past the puberty thing.....at least I hope.  I'm out of high school.  I do wash my face.  hmmmm.  Just when I think wow....okay my skin is clearing up....it looks pretty good.  BAM!  Here come some nasty craters.  Just thought that by the age of 27 almost 28 I would be over the zit thing.  Guess I was wrong on that one. When will it end???  Will it ever???   Does anyone else feel my pain?!?!?!?  I guess the up side is that I get to pop them haha.



11 comments:

lindsay said...

what is up? i totally know what you mean! i am 31 and i think my face looks worse now than ever! i was just poppin one and thought "wow, boy am i glad i am a woman and can wear makeup and TRY to cover up what i can"... unlike a man! sad, but i completely understand ya!

TJ said...

I like you new background. And sista, if anyone understands, it's me. (Not just about having zits, the enjoyment of popping them too)

Oh, by the way, I saw you on tv yesterday. Kind of.
It was a hsm 3 commercial and they had a .8 of a second flash of you and your girls. I was sooo excited, can't wait to see you on the big screen!

The Bensons said...

Lisa- it happens to me too and I am 30! I never had them in high school and then once I started having children they started to come out. I went in for a facial and the girl said that I need to drink a lot more water. Like the recommended amount and not pop. (i don't drink pop, I just didn't drink enough water) They also have face cleaner and lotion at Remedez in the mall and that has helped. If you are using Proactiv-stop!! She said that there is something in it that can clog some peoples faces. Anyway, good luck!!
Oh, and the water thing? It totally works for me. The second I ease up on drinking it I start to break out again.

Elizabeth Reid said...

I get them too. Grrrr. I think I'm going to try Emily's advice and drink more water. And yeah, popping them used to be mentally helpful to me. Then, after I had kids, I realized that my face wasn't healing like it had before and now I'm scarring. AAAHHHHH!

pilatesmommy said...

I don't get zits but I am starting to get black heads! Ooh! And I'm getting so many wrinkles and pregnancy face where your skin color is uneven, looks like I'm peeling.

Jen Grimshaw said...

okay, seriously, I am so glad that we are talking about this because I need a support group. Hi, I'm Jen...and I have a major acne problem. there I said it! What is up? I need more than the water tip, I seriously need a laser and zap all those nasty things. I do love to pop, but then I start thinking "weird, how does all this white pus build up under my skin. How did it get there?, and how do I stop it?" AARRGGHH!
By the way thanks for the double whammy comments, I loved them!!

melissa marie said...

Ok Lisa I am totally feeling your pain!!!! But then . . . I found a great new dermatologists (but he's in Orem =( Anyways I have had problems for about two years now. Then my new dermatologists tells me to stop taking acne medication and gives me stuff for Rosacea - Wam Bam my face cleared up seriously in like two days! So my advice is try switching dermatologists!

Kathy said...

Better to have zits than old-lady hairs that grow out of your chin overnight!

Kirkland's said...

I love to pop zits too! It's sick, but so satisfying!! Poor Chris and Tyler. OK, love your pics. Your SIL is so talented and you guys ARE hot. Will you do my make-up sometime? Love the eyes.

The Bensons said...

Lisa and anyone else- (ready for the infomercial?) I had about the biggest break out starting 2 weeks ago. I couldn't believe it becuase I didn't even break out in high school. BUT... I found this stuff from Neutrogena called Rapid Clear- Acne Eliminating Spot Gel that has started totally cleaning it up after 3 days of use. I put it on twice a day and notice a HUGE reduction. Luckily I have freckles so you can't really see mine but that can only go so far. So, if you are still stuggling try it out.

LACI MICHELLE said...

First of all, I have never thought that you had an acne problem! We think everyone can see our blemishes, but they aren't as bad as we think. With that said...I know what you mean. I keep waiting to grow out of this and I don't. If you ever find a solution, please let me know.