I finally did it! I can check off doing a 5k from my list of "things to do in life" haha. This 5k actually started at midnight. It was great because it was nice and cool. I had the biggest smile on my face for the first 5 minutes of the race just because there was some great energy around.....not to mention great music flowing through the ipod. Before I go on about the race I do have to mention that we had gone boating all day and were pretty drained when midnight rolled around. My only goal coming into this race though was to never stop running, no matter what. Well, I accomplished my goal! I am a REALLY slow runner, but for this first face I didn't care when I finished as long as I finished. Tyler ran this with me so it was fun to have him there. He stayed with me for the first half of the race bless his sweet soul, but then really took off. Anyway it's done! I never have to run again!!! Well, until........MAYBE next year. We had such a good time we might make this race an annual tradition.
Tyler, literally 5 minutes before the race. It was funny to watch other runners warming up and stretching and doing
all sorts of other things, but us....nah.
9 comments:
Congratulations! and don't you dare say you are not doing this again until next year. Do you know how long I have waited to get someone within the family to run a race with me?
Is there anything you can't do?! You are amazing! I distinctly remember you claiming at the family reunion in June that you don't run. Hmmm....a 5K at midnight? You run!
YAY... you did it!!! I am so proud of you and Tyler, especially due to the circumstances (all-day boating and a midnight run). Jon was asleep when Tyler called... so he was out! Good job Lis!!!
Good job Lisa, not only do I not run, the only thing I do after midnight is sleep or watch t.v. (mostly)
That's how I felt when I ran my first 5K, "Now I never have to run again!" But then you start thinking, maybe I can run faster next time. And you don't remember it being as bad as it actually was. It's a vicious cycle! :)
Good job!
Congrats, you did it! I don't think I could ever do that, so that's awesome. That's so sweet that Tyler ran with you...you guys should definitely make it a tradition!
Yeah!! I'm so proud of you lis. I still have yet to participate in one. Someday!!! Hopefully soon.
Good for you! That's crazy that it started at midnight!
Post a Comment