Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Highlights Part 1: Udine and Venice

Udine, Italy is where my mom is from. We stayed there with my nonno (her dad) for about a week. My uncle and his family also came up and stayed with us for quite a few days. Everyone loved meeting and getting to know ava.....my nonno is the only one from the italian side of the family that has spent time with her beforehand. We had a splendid time!




We took a day trip to Venice since it's only about an hour south from where we were staying. Venice is definitely unique!



One of the highlights for ava was all the pigeons! She loved chasing and feeding them. One landed on her arm and stayed there for a bit.





4 comments:

Elizabeth Reid said...

Yay! Some Italy pictures! I logged on hoping you had posted some. I LOVE the pic of you and Ava together; it is so cute. And go Ava for secretly being a pigeon whisperer! The trip looks like it was a lot of fun. I will be anxiously checking back to see more pics. :)

TJ said...

I love your pics. Ava was so brave to let that pigeon stay on her arm!

Adriann said...

Looks like so much fun!

The Bensons said...

Oh my gosh! It looks like you had so much fun! What fun memories. ;)