hi, my name is lisa and i'm an addict. i've been sober for one week. cherry coke and diet coke are my drinks of choice. i've been in denial for a while. me? addicted? no way. i can stop whenever i want to......i just don't want to. the last 3 months or so ive been drinking ridiculous amounts of soda. it's my miracle drink. i feel like super mom when im drinking. i can get a million things done AND have extra energy leftover. im more outgoing, more relaxed, a bit more funny maybe. i noticed that it was becoming a crutch for me when id find myself at the mcdonalds drive thru for their dollar drinks at all and any time of the day.....when i noticed the voices in my head telling me i NEEDED one to get through the day.....when i was grumpy and groggy and lazy lisa until i had one in my system.......and when the soda gut started appearing. that is when i said enough is enough.....goodbye soda, for now. im not saying i will never ever have a soda for the rest of my life, because that's just setting myself up for failure. but for now, baby steps. one month....no soda.....i think i can do it. one week down, a few more to go. such a bittersweet goodbye, but one for the best.


4 comments:
So are you saying last week you had no soda and no sex? Poor Ava, you must've been grumpy mommy.
TJ- dead on!
Oh I feel for you right now! I've been "addicted" to my Dr. Pepper for years....finally gave it up 3 weeks ago (for a weight loss challenge I'm doing and I knew that was a key in me losing weight!) I've had NO soda for 3 weeks so far! It was easier than I thought it would be and now I don't even hardly think about it! Hang in there!:)
Are you saying that if I drink soda I'll get your 'soda gut'?!?! Then I'm making a soda run RIGHT NOW!
Post a Comment