Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ava's First day of school!

I decided to start Ava in a montessori school twice a week.  Her first day was yesterday.  In the morning as I was making her lunch and getting her things together my stomach was in knots!  Was I doing the right thing?  Am I a bad mother??  Will she be okay??  Is she too young?!?!  All these questions were buzzing through my mind.  I was a little nervous that when we'd drop her off she wouldn't want us to leave or she'd start crying ....although for the past couple of weeks she's been playing with her new hello kitty lunch box and pretending she was going to school.  She'd wave and say bye mom, I'm going to school.  See you later!  But that was all fun and games.  This was real life.  Tyler and I (tyler was pretty persistent on being there to drop her off for her first day) walked her into her class room.  As soon as we stepped in she ran off and started playing and exploring!  She barely even came over to say goodbye.....obviously more interested with the new kids and environment around her.  I never quite understood the moms that said they cried when they dropped their kids off for the first day of school.  I didn't shed a tear....... until I got home.  A bunch of different feelings overtook me and it just came out!  During the time she was at school I kept hoping she was okay, wondering how was she taking it all in.  When we picked her up, she was happy and seemed like she had a great day!  Her teacher emailed me later that night with more details of what she did that day. To my hearts content she opened her email by saying "Wow!  I have never had such a smooth first day with a new student.  Ava was remarkable!"   Her email put me at ease!  I just hope it continues to go well!  AAh I love my little girl so much.  I think she is so stinking special.  I just can't get enough of her.  How did I get so lucky?!!?!?!?


(what she wanted to wear to school)


(what she ended up wearing to school)

2 comments:

The Bensons said...

Oh... I am crying. She is in school! I was ok when the boys started going but there is something about the little girl. I can't wait for Allie's two hours of school to be up so she can come home and play with me.

Elizabeth Reid said...

I LOVE her school outfit, what a sense of style.

Oh yeah, the one you picked out is cute too. :)