
I was so inspired by my niece who just finished a triathalon, that I decided I'm finally going to run a 5k. Laugh if you will, BUT for me that is a BIIIIIIG DEAL! Ask tyler.... I can probably go as far as running a quarter of a mile before I have to stop. Today I went and got fitted for running shoes and printed off a schedule for my training. The thing is, today when I got home I drove my car around my neighborhood for three miles to scout out a path to go running on, and now I'm REALLY doubting myself because it seemed SO FREAKIN LONG! The point of this story is that I would love it if any of you runners out there could give me tips that have helped you out. My hats off to all the runners out there because I really don't know how you do it. HELP!

6 comments:
Way to go Lisa! When will you be doing the 5K?
Good for you Lisa! Okay so I'm no runner by any stretch of the mile, but there was a time that I tried for a couple of months until my shin splints got so bad I had to stop, and then I stopped forever... planning on picking it back up when the baby is born and now that I have the correct shoes... which make ALL the difference! Go here (copy and paste the link):
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-261--9397-0,00.html
The main thing is to not give up and most certainly don't push it too hard when starting or you will have the tendency to quit. It's amazing by following this program how fast you start advancing... good luck!
1--9397-0,00.html
Sorry this is the end of that link... it got cut off.
Yay, Lis! I am proud of you! have you ever been to the Runners Corner in Orem? They seem to have all the answers when I was TRYING to get into running. I miss you guys! sorry about father's day! we were gone and my phone fell in the tub so I didn't get my messages foreva!
Lisa, if anyone can do it, you can do it. You know how I feel about what your body can do.
Gay enough?
I am SO not a runner, but just wanted to say that's awesome! I think I would pass out after 30 seconds! Good luck with your "training" and keep us posted!
Post a Comment