Saturday, December 15, 2007

CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS...

I am always trying to find new, fun Christmas traditions to start with my little family. One of our traditions right now is that every year Tyler and I go and pick out a special Christmas tree ornament for each of us. I would LOOOOOOVE to hear all of your favorite or even not so favorite Christmas traditions. I just think it's really important to try to create long-lasting, warm, cozy memories. =) I appreciated how many of you guys responded to the christmas song post, so let's hope I get the same response for this one!



4 comments:

Elizabeth Reid said...

First of all, I feel kind of sheepish because we do not currently have any Christmas traditions! Man, I need to get on the ball. However, when I was growing up we did have one tradition. My mom would get a very small cradle and put a plastic baby in it. It would represent baby Jesus in his manger. Next to the cradle she would have a box of straw. Every time we did an anonymous good deed for someone in our family we would put some straw in the cradle, adding to Jesus' warmth. It really helped us focus on doing good for each other instead of just thinking about presents.

Katrina said...

I wanted to start a tradition by giving away my kids for a day as a present but Jason said that was mean. I don't know I didn't think so

Jen and Lance said...

One tradition that I love that my family does is we always get christmas pj's christmas eve and we all wear them that night! Sometimes they are funny ones sometimes they are cute. That's always fun. Then, Lane's family gives one gift to Jesus every Christmas eve. it's something they are going to work on through out the year or stop or something like that to make themselves a better person. I thought that was kind of cool. Hope you have a good Christmas!

Dunbabin said...

I know I'm commenting after the fact, but this year in the Ensign it pointed out that there are 24 chapters in the Book of Luke. So if you read one chapter a day, that brings you to Christmas. It's just one way to make sure there is a bit about Christ each day leading up to Christmas!