Saturday, October 22, 2011

girls trip: CEDAR POINT

Roller coasters and thrill rides: I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM and get all sorts of giddy while on them. I've been wanting to go to Cedar Point ever since I first heard about it a few years ago. Who would go all the way to Ohio just for an amusement park??? Oh, me.......and some of my cool sister in laws and a few other awesome ladies too. People looked at me like I was from a different planet when I told them I was going to Ohio on a girls trip and there would be no shopping or laying by the pool. In my head I just laughed (in my evil laugh voice of course) and knew they would never fully comprehend what they were missing. I was a bit nervous about being let down because I had built it up in my head so much. Well, it was EVERYTHING I wanted it to be and even exceeded my expectations (except in the churro department.....i had the grossest churro, blah. Very disappointed with that.) Here are some pics of some of my favorite rides....

This bad boy is the main reason why I wanted to come. 120 mph in 4 seconds and over 400 ft high. NO WORDS!!! absolutely incredible!




This was an awesome roller coaster......over 300 feet high, and the first drop is at a 80 degree angle...super fast (close to 100 mps)....super smooth and so much fun!!




There are so rides where we were laughing so hard no sound was coming out, and tears and mascara were rolling down our faces.... it's hard to pick a favorite.......here are some more I loved....








I also feel super lucky that these rides didn't affect me in a negative way at all.....no sickness, headaches, or anything else. Guess I'm made for this stuff. =) I also found out that new jersey has a ride just like the dragster but a bit taller and faster.......think I'm gonna have to hit NJ pretty soon.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Ohhh...you went! I love the thrill of a roller coaster and would love a girls trip like that. I would much rather adventure than shop any day!

Scott and Elly said...

We love Cedar Pointe! We went after Scott's graduation and they have some amazing coasters! Glad you went and loved it:)

Marissa said...

You are a brave, brave soul. I just went on Space Mountain at Disneyland and I could barely handle that. Guess you're a natural when it comes to roller coasters :)

Jen and Lance said...

Those look CRAZY!!!!