Friday, June 10, 2011

bye bye paper towels

Lately, I have been trying to be less wasteful in different aspects of my life. I noticed that I have been going through paper towels like crazy. I told myself I didn't have to use them and could quit any time I wanted to haha, but really when they are in my house I use them, and use them a lot! So, inspired by a sister-in-law and others, I have decided to live paper towel free! ( i know some of you may be thinking, wow lisa way to keep up with the rest of the world, but better late than never, right?) It's now been a couple of weeks since I made this decision. I think the number one thing that was holding me back was my rag phobia. I've always hated using rags. They get nasty, and stinky, and germy, and then your hand innocently grazes a gross, wet one by accident and it gives you the shivers in a not so good kind of way. I knew I had to find a product that could somehow replace paper towels AND rags. I found just this thing.




They are called PROFORCE REUSABLE FOODSERVICE TOWELS. I got them at SamsClubs for less than $15. It comes in a 25 pack, but they are pretty large, so I actually cut them each and half and have 50 of them now. They work WONDERFULLY!! They are super absorbant. Because of these nifty little guys, I really feel like I can actually make this a lifestyle change. These towels are washable, and although I've only washed a load once, they seem to have held up great. I'll keep you updated on their durability. Anyway, if you are looking for a replacement for paper towels, I HIGHLY recommend these!

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I have the same problem! I'm constantly using paper towels and I feel so bad about it. I'll have to check these out. Thanks for the tip!

Jen and Lance said...

Lisa! I have a rag phobia too! and that's what has been holding me back. I've been wanting to switch for a while and get rid of those paper towels, and haven't because of that exact same reason. So glad you posted this. I'm so excited about this.