Wednesday, April 20, 2011

thoughts on turning 30





It's coming up pretty soon....the big 30. It's made me think about what I want out of this upcoming decade. Some thoughts I've had lately:

- really?? 30? hm.....still feel 21ish.

-who says I can't be just as fit or even more so in my 30's than I was in my 20's?

- This is the time to create tons of memories with the family....get crazy, creative, and fun!

-I have a brand new decade to do whatever I please. This might be hard to do, but I wanna top my 20's.

-Seems like this would be an easy time to get a little too comfortable with life, maybe too complacent. I don't want to do that.

- I'm EXCITED for a new chapter in life!

- I'm feeling really comfortable in my own skin and who I wanna become.

- I have taken a lot of things during my 20's.....time to give back.

- Time to get moving on all the new things I wanna learn/try/accomplish.

-I don't wanna look back 5, 10, or 15 years from now and regret how I spent this time of my life.


I'm not sure why this birthday is so different from the other ones, but I really do feel like it's somewhat of a new birth and a new lease on life. Dive in.... full out.... balls to the wall....whatever you call it, here I go!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Lisa! You crack me up and inspire me all at the same time. I love your view on thirty. Can I be a part of your thirty celebration... take you out to lunch or something? I always love how nothing holds you back..... balls to the wall my friend.

TJ said...

I love your outlook, I'm gonna borrow some of for my new chapter in life...

Elizabeth Reid said...

Awesome goals! Not too many days now!!!!

P.S. said...

Love these goals! They make me wish I was turning 30, seriously they do. Let's go celebrate your big day.