Thursday, November 11, 2010

not in balance



My life is feeling very unbalanced right now. This question is for you:

With things like blogging, FBing, cleaning, reading, driving people around, time for yourself, entertainment, family, TV, playing with children, making dinner, figuring out what to make for dinner, projects, finances, fun time, grocery shopping, staying in touch with people, work, watching movies, responsibilities, socializing, giving service, date night, GNO, spirituality, friends, getting ready for the day, making love, hobbies, new interests, organizing, down time, learning new things, teaching kids important things, quality time with spouse, quality time for self, relaxing, kissing and cuddling, exercise, relaxing, applying anti-wrinkle cream to your already aging and wrinkling eyes, not being self absorbed in ones life....and I'm sure oh so many other things that pull you in every direction, how do you do it??? HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR LIFE IN BALANCE?

7 comments:

TJ said...

Cut out the sex and spouse.
Works for me.
Sort of.

Lisa said...

TJ, Tyler here. Not quite sure how to take that one.

Sharon said...

I wish I knew!!! If you figure it out please let me know!!

TJ said...

Tyler, seriously, I would never recommend that for someone married to YOU!

Elizabeth Reid said...

Good question. I find that I just can't expect my life to be in balance. Also, whenever I'm feeling like the "me time" balance is too small, I just have to remind myself that back in the day women didn't have "me time"; then I don't feel so bad about the minuscule quantity I do have.

Julie said...

I know how you feel. There is always so much to do. I have tried to simplify my life and cut out things that really are not worth my time. With having kids, just make sure they are not in too many sports, activities, etc. I have found that I can't go to everything that I am invited to even though I may want to. I guess that is just how it is being a mom.

Tonia Conger said...

I don't do it. I'm not sure anyone can. I think whatever phase of life you are in it is out of balance. Nate and I have been (and still are) really focused on work/careers. But very soon I'm sure we'll swing the other direction (at least I will for a while), and worry about late night feedings, celebrating a burp, and basically not thinking a single moment about PR or social marketing.