Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dare I Say It....


Ava is potty trained! Well, not at nights ...that's a whole different story. I'd love to pat myself on the back right now, but the truth is I hardly had anything to do with it. After returning from Disneyland, I decided to start potty training, but she actually somewhat resisted and didn't want to go on the big toilet....UNTIL, one of her cousins, that she absolutely loves, slept over one night. The next morning, I heard the music from Ava's little potty going off. I ran to the bathroom to see Ava peeing on the little potty, while Auttumn was peeing on the big toilet. It was quite the sight. From then on out, she wanted to wear big girl underwear and be a big girl like Auttumn. To help with incentives, I took the advice from my friend to give potty twirls. Every time she would go on the toilet I would give her a BIG potty twirl, and spin her around really big and crazy. She absolutely loved it!! Which was great for me because I didn't need to spend any money on candy or stickers or prizes! Compared to how I thought it would go, this has been a breeze! She's been doing great....let's hope I didn't just jinx myself by writing about this. YAY for no more diapers!

3 comments:

Adriann said...

Yay Ava!!!! That is SO awesome, I'm incredibly happy for you that it went so well and so easily. I think it is all about timing, and good for you for waiting until Ava was ready to do it herself. So much easier than fighting with her for months and months! YAYAYAYAYAY AVA!

TJ said...

I agree that is all about timing, and having an example is such a great help too. Yay for Ava and you.

Scott and Elly said...

Yay! That is very exciting! We have high hopes of potty training this summer:) I hope we are as lucky as you!