Wednesday, October 10, 2007

One of many embarrassing moments.....


As many of you know, I'm back with Odyssey Dance Theater this year part-time, and right now we are rehearsing for our halloween show Thriller. Well I should probably preface this story by letting you know that I wasn't able to meet the demand of Ava's hunger through nursing alone, so by the time this story happened to me it had already been 2 weeks since I'd given up nursing. Anyway, there's a pas de duex of sorts called Frankenstein that I was rehearsing with my partner. In this dance you get thrown around a lot and end up pretty much being his rag doll. Well, it was the first time we had run this dance full out all the way through, and this was a brand new partner for me, so I was a little bit nervous about how it would go, but by the end I felt pretty good about how we had done it. All the lifts went great. He did good for his first time. As a tangent, that day I had worn a shirt that had somewhat of a deep "V" neck but I had a sports bra underneath. Back to the story.........so as I got up to do the choreographed bow at the end of the dance, my eyes widened and I kept thinking how could this be as I saw that my "V" neck T had moved over slightly exposing a big wet circle right on my nipple! Somehow both my nipples leaked milk leaving two wet circles for all to see. I new I had to say something. So I blurted, "See, this is what happens to your boobs when you nurse." Everybody laughed, and nobody thought anything of it, although inside I was mortified! Needless to say I think I'll be wearing bandaids on my nipples for the performances coming up, just to make sure nothing like that happens on stage!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh..my...word! Lisa THAT is funny, but it sounds like you recovered beautifully! You didn't tell your fans, however, whether or not you are doing Toucahn this year(?)

We want dates, times, autograph-signing schedules....

Jen and Lance said...

LISA!
I could just imagine that happening! That's so funny! Get those nipples under control!!

Jen and Lance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
melissa marie said...

Lisa,
Hey you long time no see!! I read this story and it made me miss you. I have a blog spot to and I added you as a friend!! Hope your having fun back at Odyssey. Ava is adorable!!

Bree said...

Wow, I love that story! Both as a dancer, and a nursing mother, I can imagine the embarrassment you felt! So funny though!

I can't believe you are doing ODT! Has that been fun for you? Are you doing 2 days a week? I'd love to hear how that's working out!